Although ac adapter for laptop is not as important as CPU, its damage will also trouble you a lot. Compared to other components, the adapter seems to be more susceptible to damage. After a period of use, you may find that it is much hotter than any other parts.
The major failure of ac adapter is the poor quality in some components, such as PCB layout, laptop power cord and so on. To avoid it, some details should be paid attention to in the process of maintenance.
- If the charger cannot be repaired on time, a compatible one can be used to replace it as long as the output voltage and current is similar. As there’s a voltage stabilizing circuit in it, it is no use to worry out overvoltage or ultraviolet.
- Try to prevent the internal cable from disconnection when winding the laptop power cord. If the laptop cannot gain the power from the charger, install the laptop battery and check if it boots up properly. If so, there must be something wrong with the power cord or the adapter, which can be located by a universal meter.
- Check if there’s any problem with the capacitor, resistor or inductor, such as a bosomy bag on the surface. Under the circumstances, you’d better to replace it with a new one. Otherwise, it will cause a serious problem.
- It has happened that the adapter damage was a cause of computer motherboard burning. Although the condition of this kind is rare, it is dangerous if the internal voltage stabilizing circuit is out of order.
- Try to prevent the shell. Once it is broken down, it will occur to be the problems like the increasing electromagnetic radiation which affect the stability of the laptop.
The information above is necessary to all the laptop users. If not maintained properly, failures or even accidents will happen. Therefore, it is best to carry it to a professional service company to repair.
Labels: ac adapter for laptop, laptop battery, laptop power cord
by: USB Phone World